Friday, September 8, 2023

The Light and Darkness



Part XV

Lord, my God, take us into the Light of Jesus 

    Later, when I met Brothers of the Community of Grace, I discovered the truth and discernment needed to live a spiritual life. We should have one spiritual father who will lead us from darkness to the true Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. It is rare to find a genuine spiritual father who lives a holy and thoughtful life. Once we've found our spiritual father, we should surrender our lives to Jesus' direction. They will always be a small remnant of His disciples. 1 Kings 19:19–21 (NJB): Elijah passed near to him and threw his cloak over him. 20 Elisha left his oxen and ran after Elijah. ‘Let me kiss my father and mother, then I will follow you,’ he said. Elijah answered, ‘Go, go back; for have I done anything to you?’ 21 Elisha turned away, took a yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He used the oxen’s tackle for cooking the meat, which he gave the people to eat. He then rose and, following Elijah, became his servant. They will then be like Elijah and Elisha, a true father and son. ‘Anyone who welcomes a prophet because he is a prophet will have a prophets’ reward and anyone who welcomes an upright will have the reward of an upright person.’(Matt. 10: 41)  When a spiritual person finds a spiritual father, this is what happens. Br. Brilly and Br. Joemon came together in my house to support me during a crucial time in my spiritual life. In my spiritual life, I feel and experience Br. Brilly as my father and Br. Joemon as my mother.Br Joemon always showed me motherly love by praying for me and correcting me spiritually.  In the difficult periods of my persecutions, Br. Abey was always there to aid me through his prayers. However, like St. Joseph Br Aby, he was present with his silent prayers and few appropriate remarks. We all become Br Victor's children through our Brs. The Word of God says: ‘Disciple is not superior to teacher, or slave to master. It is enough for disciple to grow to be like teacher, and slave like master.’(Matt. 10: 24-25) We should be always like a good disciple than try to become a master. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

Part XXXXV  Lord,  May the words of my mouth always find favour, and the whispering of my heart, in your presence.    We should have: ‘the p...