Sunday, July 21, 2024

The Precious Blood of Jesus

 

Precious Blood of Jesus, Part XIII

Anyone who eat my Body and drink my Blood has eternal life

John 6:54–56 (NJB): Anyone who does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise that person up on the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in that person. 

Jesus discloses the mystery of the Eucharist. He declares that whomever eats his flesh and drinks his blood will have eternal life. Chapter 6 of the Gospel of John contains the Eucharistic discourse, in which he discloses the mystery of his Body and Blood. Jesus became the only sacrifice for our salivation. God established the everlasting covenant, which was revealed to His prophets and sealed by the Blood of Jesus. He founded the Eucharist, with the Body and Blood serving as eternal aliment. Those who eat his Body and drink his Blood shall live eternally. Jesus says that when we eat his Body and drink his Blood, we live in Him, and He lives in that person forever. Jn 6: 53 (NJB)Jesus replied to them: In all truth I tell you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Jesus states that if we don't consume His flesh and blood, we won't have life. So Jesus offers us life when we eat and drink His Body and Blood with reverence and Godly repentance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Word of God

  Word of God, On 20th September 2024 Lord, let us fulfil our pledges to You by giving up our desires  We must observe certain days and peri...