Friday, June 28, 2024

Sacred Heart of Jesus

 

Sacred Heart, Day 28

Lord, You know my heart, and know my concerns

   Ps 39: 3-4 My heart had been smouldering within me, but at the thought of this it flared up and the words came bursting out, 4 ‘Yahweh, let me know my fate, how much longer I have to live. Show me just how frail I am.

  Lord, my heart was aching with rage and rose up, but thinking of You helped me to control it. But now my heart was pounding with sweet memories of You. I have begun to talk about excellent things that come from my heart, as You instructed me.  Then my thoughts haunted me, reminding me that my time on Earth is limited. Lord, I beg you to reveal to me how long I shall live on Earth, and I know it will be in fractions of seconds or minutes.

Ps 37: 14-15 Though the wicked draw his sword and bend his bow to slaughter the honest and bring down the poor and the needy, 15 his sword will pierce his own heart, and his bow will be shattered.

  The wicked will always use his bow to slay God's honest and faithful followers. If the wicked keep destroying the poor and needy. The sword of God will consume them and break the hearts of the wicked. Lord, you know my heart and my concerns. Lord, how long will I dwell in the clay hut with my flesh from this world? Lord, my heart aches for You to come near, and my soul longs for Your eternal presence. Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart, Day 30 When we appeal to the throne of grace we do so through Mary, honoring God by honoring His Mother, imitating Him by exal...