Thursday, February 2, 2023

Jesus Son of God

 



Part XV

“Yes, if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

  Even evil recognises Jesus is the Son of God. They shouted, ‘What do you want with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before time?'Mt 8: 29. Satan is afraid of Jesus, they are asking him, why he came to destroy them. What the satan said about before time was, the sacrifice of Jesus in Calvary. That is the time Christ will crush the head of satan. 'Catching sight of Jesus from a distance, he ran up and fell at his feet 7 and shouted at the top of his voice, ‘What do you want with me, Jesus, son of the Most High God? In God's name do not torture me!'Mk 5: 6-7. Evil fall at Jesus' feet and pleads to him, 'You are Son of God' not to destroy them. We should not be in shame to proclaim Jesus is Son of God.

   Jesus says if we do not believe that Jesus is God we will die in our sins. I have already told you. You will die in your sins. “Yes, if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins. Jn 8: 24” Here Jesus reveals himself about himself and Hevenely Father is One God. What Jesus said is very important : I Am He. In the Old Testament, God told Moses in Exodus 3:13–14 (NJB) “The God of your ancestors has sent me to you, and they say to me, “What is his name?” what am I to tell them?' 14 God said to Moses, ‘I am He who is.” The same name 'I am He' which God has revealed to Moses. Heavenly Father wanted Jesus to be called " Son of God. “For this, God raised him high, and gave him the name above all other names; 10, so that all beings in heavens, on earth and in the underworld, should bend their knees in the name of Jesus 11 and that every tongue should acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Ph 2: 9-11. God wants Jesus to be called, Lord, because all beings in heaven, on earth and in the underworld, to bend their knees in front of His Son.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

Part XXXXV  Lord,  May the words of my mouth always find favour, and the whispering of my heart, in your presence.    We should have: ‘the p...