Sunday, February 5, 2023

Jesus Son of God


Part XVI

“You are my Son, today I have fathered You”

   Many were baptised by John the Baptist as he was chosen to make a way for Christ to bring salvation to whole humanity. While Jesus was baptised by John the Baptist, Jesus prayed to God and Heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit came down in physical form, a dove and voice came down 'You are my Son, today I have fathered you' Now it happened that when all the people had been baptised and while Jesus after his own baptism was at prayer, heaven opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in a physical form, like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, ‘You are my Son; today I fathered you.' Lk. 3: 22. Heavenly Father Himslef says about His beloved Son. He's saying He fathered Jesus Christ, his Son. The baptism of Jesus gave us a new meaning that we became sons and daughters because Jesus gave his own life on Cross of Calavary, a living sacrifice to establish the New Covenant with his own Blood, a true oblation. In Psalms, Psalmist prophesies that Jesus is the Son of God. I will proclaim the decree of Yahweh: He said to me, ‘You are my son, today I fathered you. Heavenly Father Himself says He is fathered Jesus.

   Jews could not tolerate that Jesus was God. They consider this is blasphemy against God. They could not believe Jesus Son of God. We are not able to unless God reveals to us, Jesus is Son of God. Still, many believe in Jesus, he is son of God. They believed it because they experienced the signs and wonders he gave in their midst. “You are blaspheming, ” because I said “I am the son of God.” If I am not doing my Father's work, there is no need to believe me; but if I am doing it, then even if you refuse to believe in me, at least believe in the work I do; then you will know for sure that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.' They wanted to arrest him then, but he eluded them. He went back again to the far side of Jordan to stay in the district where John had once been baptising. Many people who came to see him there said, ‘John gave no signs, but all he said about this man was true'; and many of them believed in him. John 10:31-42


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...