Monday, August 1, 2022

Name of God

 

God revealed His Name to Moses, “I am He sent me to you”

God revealed His divine name to Moses, God Himself talk to him. He blessed Him with many graces and virtues, which no other Prophets or holy people ever experience this much. Moses then said to God, ‘Look if I go to the Israelites and say to them, “ The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,” and they say to me, “What is his name?” what am I to tell them?’ God said to Moses ‘I am he who is.’ And he said, ‘this is what you are to say to the Israelites “I am has sent me to you.” God further said to Moses, ‘You are to tell the Israelites, “Yahweh, the God of your ancestors, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.” This is my name for all time, and thus I am to be invoked for all generations to come.’ (Exodus. 3: 13-15). God has appointed Moses to liberate Israelites from the Egyptians. God has chosen Moses by His mercy and grace not by any effort of Moses. But He made him His own friend. God spoke to Moses and He shown His Mighty presence to him. He will pour of His grace to all of us once we know and understand Him. What a powerful name God is having 'I AM'. Only God is the One who is eligible to proclaim 'I Am God'. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...