Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Faith in Jesus

Daily Word on 31st May 2022

Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary 

Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord

Luke 1:41–45 (NJB): Now it happened that as soon as Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the child leapt in her womb and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 She gave a loud cry and said, ‘Of all women you are the most blessed, and blessed is the fruit of your womb. 43 Why should I be honoured with a visit from the mother of my Lord? 44 Look, the moment your greeting reached my ears, the child in my womb leapt for joy. 45 Yes, blessed is she who believed that the promise made her by the Lord would be fulfilled.’ 

Even in her pregnancy Virgin Mary visited Elisabeth he cousin as she also been pregnant as per the message from Angel Gabriel. Whenever Mother Mary visit someone she goes with Holy Spirit by giving them the experience of God’s presence in their life. When the greeting of Mary heard, the child leapt in the womb of Elisabeth and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. When the Holy Spirit comes we will come to know the truth. We will proclaim that Jesus is the Lord, Son of God. After receiving the Holy Spirit Eleisabeth proclaimed, why she was honoured by the visit of Mother of God. How beautiful it is. It was the same experience I had when Mother Mary came into my life and I got the real conversion to accept Catholic faith. Virgin Mary believed in the providence of God in her life, chosen her by Heavenely Father to bear a Son for Him. 

Today is the Feast of Visitation of Virgin Mary to the house of Elisabeth. Let us ask her intercession to teach us how to pray and to fill us with the grace to understand the mysteries of God which is beyond our human thinking. Lord we are are surrendering everything to you and make us united with you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

Part XXXXV  Lord,  May the words of my mouth always find favour, and the whispering of my heart, in your presence.    We should have: ‘the p...