Saturday, June 8, 2024

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

The Sacred Heart of Jesus, etched into the wall of Cell 21 down the hall from the cell where Maxmillian Kolbe died is a reminder to unite our hearts to the Lord’s, by Stefan Jasienski, a Polish officer and prisoner of war who eventually died in Auschwitz. In the drawing, a prisoner, likely Stefan himself, embraces Jesus and rests his head on his heart.


 

Sacred Heart Day 8

The Feast of Immaculate Heart of Mary

Lord, you are gentle and humble of heart, make our hearts like yours.

  Today is the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Mother was terribly sad, but she was also incredibly patient. She felt the sorrow of her Son Jesus' passion and death on the Cross, as Simeon prophesied of a sword that would pierce her heart. Luke 2:35 (NJB): and a sword will pierce your soul too—so that the secret thoughts of many may be laid bare.’ Let us reflect and ponder on her piety, humility, and tenderness toward all of us.

  Mt 11:28-30 28 ‘Come to me, all you who labour are overburdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’

  The Lord is telling us to imitate his gentle and humble heart. The Lord is urging us to contact him when we are burdened by our challenges, sins, or even sorrows and persecutions. Jesus promises it will be easy for us to shoulder the yoke, or cross, which is unique to everyone of us. When I first met Bros, Br Joemon offered me this word from God, Matthew 11:28-30. He gave me this Word after we talked about some family issues that were causing me great pain. After months of study and pondering this Word of God, the Lord has lifted all the burdens from my heart, including the burdens of sin. I was also concerned about how many years I had spent in the Gulf without making any material or spiritual gains. God has altered my heart to accept whoever has done me harm. My attitude toward others has shifted; the complaining and moaning against others has ceased. Once we give our hearts to the Lord, he may reshape them and shape them with his flesh and blood, which he purified on the Cross. He will eliminate our inadequacies, our lack of confidence, and our mistrust of Him.

Lord, change our heart according to your will, and make our hearts like yours.






No comments:

Post a Comment

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart, Day 30 When we appeal to the throne of grace we do so through Mary, honoring God by honoring His Mother, imitating Him by exal...