Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Daily Prayer


Day 25, Lord, You have counted my sorrows and collected my tears in Your wineskin. 

  Our tears of repentance is loved by God. In the Gospel of St  Mathew says about Jesus heals the blind men. Jesus heard the cry of of the blind men. They followed Jesus till he reached his home. Matthew 9:27–30 (NJB): As Jesus went on his way two blind men followed him shouting(crying loudly), ‘Take pity on us, son of David.’ 28 And when Jesus reached the house the blind men came up to him and he said to them, ‘Do you believe I can do this?’ They said, ‘Lord, we do.’ 29 Then he touched their eyes saying, ‘According to your faith, let it be done to you.’ 30 And their sight returned. Then Jesus sternly warned them, ‘Take care that no one learns about this.’  Here we could see Jesus understand their grievances and he was ready to cure their blindness. Psalm 42:3–4 (NJB): have no food but tears day and night, as all day long I am taunted, ‘Where is your God?’ 4 This I remember as I pour out my heart, how I used to pass under the roof of the Most High used to go to the house of God, among cries of joy and praise, the sound of the feast. Here we could see how the Psalmist lamented for his unworthiness. He was so much distressed about his companions as they all deserted him. Psalm 56:8 (NJB): You yourself have counted up my sorrows, collect my tears in your wineskin. Lord know very well about our miseries and nothingness. All our actions are recoded in His Book of Life. Nothing is to worry, but we should lament for our sins with deep repentance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

Part XXXXV  Lord,  May the words of my mouth always find favour, and the whispering of my heart, in your presence.    We should have: ‘the p...