Tuesday, October 1, 2019

The Greatest Offering, Corpus Christi Poem 41

The Greatest Offering; Corpus Christi
  The talk of Br Jacob on the day of Corpus Christi last week(June 20, 2019) again revived my enthusiasm to reflect on it. He stressed in his  talk eat the Body of Christ by chewing it. It was reminding me that Jesus wants again to crush Himself between our teethe, what a great love he has for us sinners, it is amazing. My real conversion to the Catholic Church is the Holy Mass and the Eucharist itself. It become the essence of my faith and if I miss a Holy Mass in a day I feel it's a sin against the will of God for me.
 
  In 2007 while we visited Holy Land, Lord has touched me in this way, we all went there to see the Synagogue of Capernaum. My mind was with full of joy and tears while I was visiting such places there together where  all mysteries of Gospels taken place in my heart. I thank our spiritual father Br Victor and our Brothers in Christ, whom were described about these mysteries through His unadulterated Word of God. And I believe in all these mysteries without any doubt.

  When we were reached in Capernaum, I immediately got out of the bus and ran with a great enthusiasm to the place where Jesus has proclaimed that beautiful and the most valuable Sermon about His Body and Blood. The John Gospel Chapter 6 is one of my favourite chapters in the whole of the Gospels. There is nothing more precious and valuable than the sacrifice of Holy Mass and Eucharist. For me that is the presence of God in our midst. The mystery of Eucharist was very much touched me in this specific Chapter 6 in the gospel of John.  The guide was explaining about the historical value of that ruined Synagogue of Capernaum. But I was not interested in it, I was went away from the crowd and I was just touching the walls of the Synagogue and was knocking on it whether any voice of Jesus was coming out from the walls, because I was thinking that the walls were the same when time of Jesus. The Synagogue in its ruin stage and very few of walls are remaining there . I was searching whether any of His foot print was visible there on the floor of the Synagogue. I was crying with joy in my heart. I am not aware of the Theological teaching of the Church about the Eucharist, but I feel the mysterious ways of God's immense mercy on humanity by giving His own Son as the everlasting sacrifice and Holy Mass and in which Lord has made the Everlasitng Covenant for all the humanity of the past, present and future, for the remission of sins.

  After that, Fr. Eugene has given the signal to the guide and said he will cover the spiritual part of that Synagogue and the mystery of the Eucharist which Jesus revealed here in this Temple. He took the Jerusalem Bible from me and read from the Gospel of John chapter 6. I was so touched by his preaching while he was explained about the mysteries of the Eucharist.


Lord, yours were the greatest of all the offerings,
Which You have given to us, Your Body and Blood.
You made this promise in the Synagogue of Capernaum
During the discourse of the Eucharist in this Temple.

Lord, you are the bread came down from Heaven;
The Eucharist, the Everlasting Eternal Covenant
Lord, you said, Heavenly Father has sent bread from Heaven,
In the form of Manna you gave to your people in the desert.

Lord said: It is my Father who gives you the Bread from Heaven,
The true Bread; from the Bread of God
Which comes down from Heaven and gives life to the world.
Lord, It is with the Bread you nourished Elijah in the desert

Lord, you are nourishing us day by day by your Body and Blood.
Lord I am thirsting for you.
You quench my thirst by giving me your Living Water.
Your Body, the Heavenly Bread, is the real food for me

Lord you again told us; 'I am the bread of life.
No one who comes to me will ever hunger;
No one who believes in me will ever thirst
Lord, we believe, we will never hunger and never thirst.

Lord, we have all heard this beautiful Sermon
Which is the essence of our faith in You
We believe in You, O' Lord, in each Holy Mass
You come into our midst to make this Most Holy Meal
Which is the gift of love from our Father in Heaven

'I am the bread of life, Your fathers ate manna in the desert and they are dead;
But this is the bread which comes down from heaven,
So that a person may eat it and not die.
I am the living bread which has come down from heaven.
Anyone who eats this bread will live for ever;
And the bread that I shall give is my flesh, for the life of the world'

Lord, You are the Bread of Life,
Come and embrace me and come into the depth of my heart
You have said to me, "no one who comes to me will ever hunger
No one who believes in me will ever thirst";
Lord, we have heard and we believe in You.

Lord, you said: It is My Father's will, that whoever sees the Son
And believes in Him will have eternal life,
And I will raise him, and I will raise him on the last day.
I am the Bread that has come down from heaven.
Lord, we have heard and we believe in You.

Lord, Your Body was broken for us.
You shed your Blood for us.
Lord You said "no one can come to me
Unless drawn by the Father who sent me".
Lord, we have heard and we believe in You

Lord, when you said 'I am the bread that has come down from heaven",
We all did not believe that you are the only One who can give the Bread of life;
All of us were saying, ‘Surely this is Jesus, son of Joseph,
Whose father and mother we know. How can he now say,
“I have come down from heaven?”
Lord, now we all believe you are the real Bread from Heaven.

Jesus replied to them: 'In all truth I tell you,
If you do not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood,
You have no life in you, anyone who does eat my flesh
And drink my blood has eternal life,
And I shall raise that person up on the last day.
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in that person.'

'As the living Father sent me and I draw life from the Father,
So whoever eats me will also draw life from me.
This is the bread which has come down from heaven;
It is not like the bread our ancestors ate:
They are dead, but anyone who eats this bread will live for ever. ‘
Lord, we have heard and we believe in You.

Lord, you said that some of us do not believe what you said,
For Jesus knew from the outset who did not believe and who was to betray him.
He went on, ‘I told you that no one could come to me except by the gift of the Father.’
After this, many of his disciples went away and accompanied him no more.
They all left Jesus forever and they all lost the eternal grace

Then Jesus said to the Twelve, ‘What about you, do you want to go away too?’
Peter answered, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go?
You have the message of eternal life,’
Lord, we all believe; we have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.

Jesus replied to them, ‘Did I not choose the Twelve of you?
Yet one of you is a devil.’ He meant Judas, son of Simon Iscariot,
Since this was the man, one of the Twelve, who was to betray him.
Lord chose us as well to work for his Kingdom; bless us to be faithful.

On Holy Thursday, the Day of Passover,
It was your day you revealed the mystery of Eucharist.
Lord, you have ardently longed to eat this Passover with us before You suffer;
'I tell you, I shall never again drink wine until the day,
I drink the new wine with you in the kingdom of my Father.’

Then he took bread, and when he had given thanks,
He broke it and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is my body given for you;
Do this in remembrance of me.’
He did the same with the cup after supper, and said,
‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood poured out for you.'

Then, taking the cup, he gave thanks and said,
‘Take this and share it among you, because from now on,
I tell you, I shall never again drink wine until the kingdom of God comes.’
Lord, Your will has to be fulfilled to establish the New Everlasting Covenant.

Lord, you sat with disciples to have a meal with them.
You were deeply disturbed and declared,
‘In all truth I tell you, one of you is going to betray me.
Lord said; 'It is the one to whom I give the piece of bread that I dip in the dish.'
And when he had dipped the piece of bread
He gave it to Judas, son of Simon Iscariot.
At that instant, after Judas had taken the bread, Satan entered him.

Lord, if we receive you unworthily Satan is entering in us.
Lord, cleanse us by your precious  Blood.
In olden days, God commanded Levites of Israelites
To sprinkle the blood of animals on the sinners as a sign for the remission of sins.

Lord, you have inspired St Paul to reveal us
How to receive you worthily and in clear conscience.
St Paul said: For the tradition I received from the Lord
And also handed on to you is that on the night he was betrayed,
The Lord Jesus took some bread,
And after he had given thanks, he broke it, and he said,
‘This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’

And in the same way, with the cup after supper, saying,
‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood.
Whenever you drink it, do this as a memorial of me.’
Whenever you eat this bread, then, and drink this cup,
You are proclaiming the Lord’s death until he comes.
Therefore anyone who eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord unworthily
 Are answerable for the body and blood of the Lord.

Lord, what offering I can bring to you, but only my sins,
I can only give what you have given me.
Lord, you offered your Body and Blood
As a sacrifice to Heavenly Father for the salvation of all of us

Melchizedek brought the gift of Bread and Wine
To see Abraham and bless him.
Melchizedek praised and thank God
For helping Abraham to win over his enemies.

Your death on the Cross in Calvery
Brought the salvation for all humanity.
You fulfilled the consecration of Eucharist
By sacrificing your own Body and Blood.

Lord, how divine the mystery of Eucharist
Is beyond our knowledge and imagination!
But you revealed it to us by your love and grace.
You have written these mysteries in our heart.

Lord, once I was dead and didn't know you.
But by your mercy and grace you revealed to me  that you are alive in the Eucharist.
Lord, You came down to meet me in the form of the Living Bread.
I was trembling and crying when I saw your blood-stained face in the living Bread.

Lord, how can I thank You in words
For this most wonderful gift of love you have given me!
How blessed are those who know this truth,
How blessed are those who eat Your Body and drink your Blood,
In a worthy manner to gain Eternal Life.
Oh most Holy Sacrament of the Alter, Oh Jesus we praise you and adore you, Amen!!
**********************************
Written in honor our Lord Jesus Christ on the Feast of Corpus Christi in the year 2019          

MOHNY P I

Community of Grace 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...