Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Daily Prayer


Day 13, Lord, take away all my pride in possessions and all other earthly matters go off from my mind and heart. 

  While we are praying we should use less words and speak to our Lord in the language of love and with full heart and conviction. ‘In your prayers do not babble as the gentiles do, for they think that by using many words they will make themselves heard. Do not be like them; your Father knows what you need before you ask him. So you should pray like this. Our Father who art in Heaven…………’ Matt. 6: 7-9. St There’s of Avila wrote a book ‘The way of Perfection’ about the “Our Father ………”Prayer which Jesus taught the Apostles and disciples. Meditate about the mysteries of God. Meditate the mysteries in the Rosary and pray it from our heart with full of love towards the Mother of Jesus, our Mother. Kneel down in front of His footstool, the earth and bend our head down, lift our heart and mind to our Lord and pray like this: ‘Lord, I am an unworthy in front of you, I am a sinner, have mercy on me Lord!’ Lord! Let my pride in possessions and all other earthly matters go off from my mind and heart.’

  Honour Him always in words and deeds. Do not make empty promises to God. Be faithful to our promises and oaths towards our Lord. " I am bound by the vows I have made, God, I will pay you the debt of thanks, Ps 56:12" Do not forget to do anything which God has asked us to do. Plead to Him for cleanse us from all our sins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...