Thursday, October 13, 2022

Daily Prayer

Day 8, ‘Lord Jesus, Son of God, am a sinner, have mercy on me!’

  Our Lord is inviting each one of us to be with Him and to trust in Him. He will cover us with his warming love. But he is asking one condition that is to make us humble like him. ‘Come to me, all you who labour and are over burdened, and I will give you rest. Shoulder my yoke and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Yes, my yoke is easy and my burden light.’ Mat. 11: 28-30. How our worries and troubles will be lighter? When we make ourselves gentle and humble like Jesus is!! ‘Lord Jesus! Son of God, am a sinner have mercy on me.’ Matt. 16: 16, Matt. 20: 31. This is a universal prayer or an anti-phone to recite repeatedly as a prayer. So many saints of past from Eastern countries used this prayer in their daily life. This prayer which made a great impact on them in their spiritual life.  It was made them humble themselves and they experience tremendous repentance.

  “Prayer is a go-between linking us to God. It gives joy to the soul and calms its emotions. I warn you, though: do not imagine that prayer is simply words. Prayer is the desire for God, an indescribable devotion, not given by man but brought about by God’s grace. As St Paul says: For when we cannot choose words in order to pray properly, the Spirit himself intercedes on our behalf in a way that could never be put into words.” From A Homily of St John Chrysostum 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...