Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Name of God

 


Jesus said: I am He, they moved back and fell on the ground. 

   When Our Lord said to the Sadducees and the Pharisees this Word ‘I am He’, they were trembled in fear and were withdrawn back and fall on the ground. Jesus shows us no one can stand in front of the power of God. But he is merciful and he emptied himself to be like us. If God says ‘I am’ that means nothing sustain in front of his power. There is only one ‘I’, who is our Lord and God.  ‘Knowing everything that was to happen to him, Jesus came forward and said, ‘Who are you looking for?’ They answered, ‘Jesus Nazarene.’ He said, ‘I am He.’ Now Judas the traitor was standing among them. When Jesus said to them, ‘I am He,’ they moved back and fell on the ground. He asked them a second time, who are you looking for? They said Jesus the Nazarene. Jesus replied ‘I have told that I am He. If I am the one you are looking for, let these others go’. This was to fulfil the words he had spoken, ‘Not one of those you gave me have I lost ’ (Jon. 18: 4-9). Nobody can stand in-front of the power of God. When Jesus said: ‘I Am He’ they all moved back because of the power by his Word. Jesus himself is the Word and they were afraid of him and they fall on the ground. How powerful his Word is and He is the Creator of all the Universe. He  humbled Himself to fulfill His mission for salvation of all humanity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Light and Darkness

  Part XXXXVI Lord, let Your Light brings us the uprightness and uplift our faith in You   Jesus' act of passion and death on the Cross ...